ACT SB5-HDG6 Race Sprung 6 Pad Clutch Kit For 06-18 Subaru WRX
The SB5-HDG6 kit features ACT's most popular Heavy Duty pressure plate. ACT Heavy Duty pressure plates use exclusive diaphragm design to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure a four-stage, heat-treating process for unparalleled performance. ACT pressure plates have precision cover stampings to provide rigidity and consistency. ACT's 6-pad, spring-centered race disc features a spring-center to properly damp torsional vibrations and resist failure under harsh conditions. ACT spring retainers utilize wraparound spring windows and thicker retainer stampings to provide spring support, reduce stress concentrations, and increase strength and reliability. With the 6-pad, spring-centered race disc, engagement is harsher, but shifting is faster. The 6-pad, spring-centered disc is recommended for larger clutch sizes to absorb more heat.
- Feel: Light to moderate pedal effort, aggressive engagement, OE to mild gear rattle;
- Life: Moderate friction life, extended by ACT's exclusive diaphragm design;
- Quality: Carefully engineered, precisely assembled, accurately balanced, uses select ceramic friction materials for high heat tolerance and maximum performance
- Recommended Use: Recommended for high horsepower street or race use;
- ACT Difference: 100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability
Subaru has incorporated 240mm clutch components into production during mid-2018MY production starting with VIN J*806877. ACT clutch kits and flywheels are not compatible with the revised OEM components.
PROP 65 WARNING
This product can expose you to chemicals including carbon black, glass wool fibers, and silica (in clutch discs), chromium and nickel, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. for more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov