The K20C engine achieves 320ps with 2.0L displacement, and the boost pressure exceeds 150kPa. Since the stock intercooler’s capacity is insufficient, the engine intake air temperature rises to nearly 90℃. HKS intercooler is using a larger size intercooler to maintain cooling performance. The stock intercooler piping layout has a sharp bend, so the intake air does not flow smoothly and causes the boost pressure loss. HKS intercooler integrates the inlet side tank of the intercooler and pipe to realize a smooth air flow and reduce air intake loss.
All HKS Intercoolers improve both the efficiency and power of any turbocharged application by rapidly reducing inherent heat levels of the compressed intake air charge before entering the engine. By utilizing a special tube and fin design, the intercooler acts as a large heat exchanger that dissipates the heat generated by the compression of the intake charge without creating reductions in boost pressure or response.
Replacing the rubber inlet & outlet hoses with aluminum hoses restrains its expansion to improve the throttle response and smoothly increase the boost pressure. Also, aluminum hoses can be securely connected even under a high pressure. Choose HKS Piping Kit for Durability Increase and Consistent Boost Pressure under High Boost Condition. Stock plastic or rubber intercooler pipes can expand or crack under high boost levels. In addition to this, stock pipes have many bends which in some places are very tight radius which causes much resistance and pressure drop. HKS Piping kits are made of aluminum for increased durability and safety. The pipes have been redesigned to decrease the number of bends and to increase bend radius to minimize pressure loss and flow resistance.
- Newly designed 100mm wide core is approximately 200% of the stock in the core capacity.
- This large core shows overwhelming cooling performance difference.
- Core Size HKS：695mm x 178mm x 100mm Stock：680mm x 143mm x 64mm
- Minor modification of the fan shroud and rubber part that comes in contact with the core is required
- Factory rubber hoses are replaced with aluminum pipes and silicone joint hoses, and they are secured with reinforced hose bands.
- HKS original casting inlet pipe allows smooth layout.
California Residents, Proposition 65 WARNING